This week’s challenge is the Mourning Dove. This artwork is the 8th installment in my backyard bird series. I haven’t created any content about this artwork yet, but like the previous challenge I will include some progress photos to help you create the artwork.
First, here’s the link to the pdf pattern: Mourning Dove pattern
I have done numerous bird tutorials, and the basic process for feathers doesn’t change much. It’s all about capturing the shadows and markings. Probably the most challenging aspect of this artwork is replicating the fairly smooth and mostly uniform coloring of the dove. I choose to add more color variation in my artwork because I found that to be more visually interesting. Don’t let that stop you from doing what you prefer. After all, we all have our own likes and dislikes.
Since this is a bird and I’ve created numerous bird tutorials, I’m not including any instructions with the progress photos. Enjoy the challenge!
Next week I will have another challenge for you.
Sept 12, 2021
Want to subscribe?
- Click on the “Leave a Comment” field at the end of any post (blog) and a subscribe option will appear.
- Put something in the comment field (if you put “test” or “just subscribing” I won’t make your comment public)
- Fill in the sections for your email address and name, and then click on the “notify me of new posts via email.”
- You will get a confirmation email from WordPress confirming you want to subscribe.
- Click on the confirm button in that email and you’re done.
Please note that I do not send out emails. If you have a WordPress account there is a way to subscribe within the WordPress system, but I cannot provide specifics on how it works as I don’t know.